What To Do If You Are In A

Road Accident

A road accident can turn your life upside down. Whether you were riding a motorcycle, driving a car, or were involved in a DUI collision, you should follow these simple steps to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.

1. Contact The Police

The police will help to control the situation and will also provide a police report. The police report will often provide information about who the police believe to be at fault for the accident. The Tucson Police Department implemented a new policy that they will only respond to an accident if:

  1. A person is injured
  2. One of the driver’s is impaired
  3. Accident is blocking the road.

To report the accident a person must:

  1. Report the accident at Tucson Police Department substation, during normal business hours
  2. Online via Tucson Police Dept. Website
  3. Or call 791-4444 to have a reporting form mailed to you

2. Obtain Contact Information

It is important to get the contact information of all parties. You should also get the contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident. In addition, your lawyer should have contact information for each witness in order to gather valuable evidence to evaluate your claim.

3. Obtain Vehicle Information

Obtain all vehicle information of all vehicles involved in the accident. This includes driver license numbers, license plate numbers and vehicle identification numbers of all vehicles as well as the make, model and year.

4. Obtain Insurance Information

You will also need to obtain all insurance companies’ names, addresses, telephone numbers, and policy numbers for each vehicle involved in the accident.

5. Take Pictures

Photos of your vehicle and the accident scene can be helpful to your claim because they provide valuable evidence regarding what happened and how it happened. (Use your cell phone.)

6. Seek Medical Attention

It is imperative that you receive prompt medical attention if you have been injured. Often times you will not feel pain right away and some injuries are not immediately apparent. However, you should be evaluated by a physician to get a better idea of the nature and extent of your injuries.

7. Call A Lawyer

Our Road Accident Lawyers Can Help You

If you have been injured in an accident, don’t try and fight the insurance company alone.

For a free case review regarding a personal injury or road accident claim, contact us at Grabb & Durando at (520) 222.2222 or complete our online contact form.
Skip to content